Dental anxiety and fear causes many people to avoid getting the proper dental care they need. It may even stop them from visiting the dentist altogether. If you experience dental fear or anxiety and resist going to the dentist because of it, the team at Levey Dentistry understand. If the thought of going to the dentist scares you or causes you anxiety, you may be a candidate for sedation dentistry near Ossining, NY. Learn more about what sedation treatment is, and how Dr. Bard Levey can help make your next trip to the dentist a more enjoyable and comfortable experience.
Sedation treatment is most effective for people who experience real fear or anxiety about visiting the dentist. Too many people forego visiting the dentist because of this fear and anxiety, and they don’t get the important dental health care that they need. Dental sedation treatment may help most patients who have:
- -Fear of the dentist
- -Difficulty getting numb
- -Sensitive teeth
- -Fear of needles or shots
- -Sensitive gag reflexes
What Is Sedation Treatment?
Sedation dentistry means that the dentist treating you uses medication that will help patients relax and stay calm or even sleep during their dental procedures. Sedation treatment is:
- -A less painful way toward good oral health and hygiene.
During sedation treatment, patients are usually awake throughout the procedure (except when a procedure must include general anesthesia). The levels of sedation that a patient may experience include:
- Minimal sedation: You will be awake yet relaxed.
- Moderate sedation (conscious sedation): You may experience some slurred speech while under sedation, but you will have little to no memory of the procedure.
- Deep sedation: You may feel just on the edge of sleep (“twilight sleep”) during the procedure, but you will have no memory of the procedure.
- General anesthesia: You are completely unconscious during the procedure.
How does sedation treatment work?
During your procedure with sedation treatment, you can expect to become extremely relaxed and you may even fall asleep. This makes it easy for Dr. Bard Levey to work on your teeth without worrying about what the patient is feeling. A cleaner and healthier looking smile will be all you experience.
Don’t let fear or stress be the reason you don’t go to visit the dentist. If you’re looking for sedation treatment near Ossining, NY, please call Levey Dentistry office today at: 914.271.6224